Divorce is hard–there are no two ways about it. But if you have made the difficult decision to start a new chapter, let us stand by your side.
The divorce process can be complex, and depending on your family situation, there can be a lot at stake. First and foremost, for families with children, the process needs to be handled by an attorney who understands that your children are most important to you. We will help you get the results that you think are best for you and your children.
Divorce can also be financially messy. Do you or your spouse have a lot of debt? Do you own a home together or have diverse, complex assets to divide? What if one of you is a stay at home parent? Each client has a unique financial snapshot. We will help you determine your financial goals for life after the divorce and will work together to get the results you deserve. Our divorce attorneys pride themselves on negotiating strong settlements for our clients. We are also ready to fight for you in court if your case needs to go to trial. Let us show you what we can do by being on your team.
Far too often, people try to face divorce alone. And with financial uncertainty ahead, it is easy to understand why people would want to save money. But going it alone may cost you more in the end, especially if your ex-has counsel on their side. We hate to see people taken advantage of, which is why we take divorce representation seriously. Our practice is experienced helping clients with all aspects of divorce proceedings including:
- Filing or responding to initial court documents
- Analyzing your financial condition and examining your options.
- Decision making regarding parental responsibility and parenting time.
- Interpreting, drafting or challenging pre-marital agreements.
- Negotiating favorable divorce agreements.
- Assisting with spousal maintenance and alimony determinations.
- Handling modifications of post-decree changes to your divorce terms.
- We will bring support enforcement and contempt motions if your ex-doesn’t pay.
At Skulborstad Legal Group, LLC, our Colorado family law attorneys are ready to take on whatever situations your divorce throws your way. We are experienced family law litigators. We are at home in the courtroom, and we know every detail of the Colorado divorce process. While we are committed to negotiating successful divorce agreements, we are ready, willing and able to take your case to trial if necessary.